The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good Sunday

Sorry I haven't updated the blog this whole week. My dad got injured at work and had surgery this past Friday so that was pretty much the only thing on my mind the entire week. Surgery went well though, so that's good. He should be back at work in a month or so.

Anyway played a little bit of poker online today with good results. I had been planning to deposit some money on my Stars account sometime this week but just hadn't had time so I played a $4.40 on a stake today and managed to take second for $144. Obviously cause I was staked I only got $72 but that plus another $15 I had on Full Tilt should be enough to make something happen.

I gotta admit I ran extremely well through out the whole tournament winning flips and dodging coolers. I actually got really lucky around the final table bubble when I ran my Queens into Aces but was able to suck out with a flush.

I started the final table 4th in chips but it quickly got down to 5 handed where it remained for a while. That's where I took kind of a sick beat. I made an awesome soul read where I knew my opponent was really weak on the turn and I decided to put him all in with Ace high. He decided to call me with a 5 high flush draw with one card to come and he obviously got there. That was the biggest pot of the tournament at that point and would have put me in a commanding chip lead 4 handed. Instead I was down to 40k.

When it was 3 handed I was still shortstacking around 35k-40k while both my opponents had over 100k. Got lucky and cracked a dude's Jacks with 8c9c and then got to HU with about a 5-1 chip deficit. I played Heads Up pretty poorly though. Way too passive til I got impatient and bluffed with a hand all the way and got called by like 2nd pair.

Oh well, I'll take a $144 cash anyday. It was the first final table in a while too which was nice. So right now the onlie poker roll stands around $91 which like I said earlier should be enough to try to build off of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also managed to cash on a soccer parlay for $15 to bring the sports betting roll to $145. AC Milan easily won 3-1 while Real Madrid struggled but squeezed out a win against Depor.

2 Team Parlay................$20 to win $15
-AC Milan -0.5
-Real Madrid -0.5



Day Profit: +$15.00

Day Record: 1-0-0

Total Record: 203-203-18

Bankroll: $145.41

Total Profit: -$54.59

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, I've been on the most normal sleeping schedule in a long time the past week or so.

I've been waking up around 8 or 9 am and going to sleep around 10pm at the latest. Yesterday when I had to work til 1am I got home and was COMPLETELY pooped out and went straight to bed whereas I would usually jump on the XBOX and play til like 7 in the morning.

I'll definitely try to keep the normal sleeping schedule cause I just think it's a lot healthier than going to sleep at 7 or 8 in the morning every day and waking up at 3 or 4 pm.

No comments: