The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Sunday, October 21, 2007

That's More Like It...

After running so bad in everything the last couple of weeks, it felt good to turn in a nice profit in poker for a change. Wasn't online though. It was from my friend Furcio from work. We played Heads up .5/1 NL Hold em at work for a couple of hours. Now, with a 10 dollar cap, this thing got pretty crap shooty because we were either calling and check/folding if we missed the flop, capping if we hit the flop, or capping pre flop with any semi decent hand. It was still really fun though, and I had my laptop with me so I was jotting down how much I won or lost per hand just to see the good old Variance at work. Went something like this:

-.5
+.5
-10
+.5
-.5
+10
-1
+1
+2
+2
+1
+1
-1
+1
+1
+1
-.5
+1
-1
+1
-.5
+1
+10
-10
+10
+1
+1
+10
-1
+1
-1
+10
-1
-10
+1
+1
-.5
+10
-.5
-1
-1
+10
+1
-1
-1
+1
-1
-10
-1
-1
-10
-10
+1
+10
+1
+0
+10
+1
+0
+10
-1
-10
+1
+10
+.5
-.5
-10
-1
+10
+10
+10
+1

I went on tilt a little bit when he started going Cappy Happy as I called it, capping with hands like Aces rag or connectors and I started calling with marginal hands. I was really close to just quitting when I was up like $30 dollars, but I decided to keep playing a little longer, and I caught a bit of a rush and ended up up around $77 dollars. After poker I made another 18 dollars on black jack so a total profit of $95 for the day. I'll take it.

Sports gambling is back as well. My Bodog account was busto but my guy wanted me to place a couple of bets for him so I Deposited $30 yesterday. He gave me like $16 for his bets and I figured I might as well deposit a little bit to grab some action myself.

My 1st wager was on the Chivas vs Atlante game from last night. Now, I had no idea who to pick. Atlante was undefeated until last week, and Chivas is playing really well right now, plus Chivas was playing at home. Since I couldn't make up my mind, I decided to wager on a Draw. The moneyline was at +240 for a draw so I was getting almost 2.5 to 1 for my money.

Now watching a soccer match, were you're hoping the final score is a draw, gets pretty interesting. I found myself cheering for both teams while they were on Defense, hoping neither of them conceded a goal. And by halftime I was looking like a genius with the score 0-0. But 15 minutes into the second half Chivas went up 1-0. Hey at least I had some to root for now, and Atlante was getting some good opportunities but they weren't capitalizing. It wasn't until there was like 2 minutes left in the game that Nkong from Atlante hit a beautiful shot from outside the box to tie the score up 1-1 and giving me the win on Bodog.

Then I made a 4 game soccer parlay, mainly on games that were going to be on tv today, because I wasn't planning on betting on the NFL. But my action got killed with the first game lol. I woke up at 9:30 to watch the last 15 minutes of the AC Milan game, which was the first in my parlay, but they lost 0-1. Oh well.

I just finished making another parlay, hoping this one works out. It has two football games and a soccer game;

3 Game Parlay

Deportivo Toluca -170

Washington Redskins -400

Dallas Cowboys - 480

Risked $20.00 to win $27.98.00

So, like I said, let's hope this one works out. Two of these games are about to start, so that's it for me. I'll maybe update later tonight to see how things went. Peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a couple of pictures I took from Friday night gambling at work.
The camera on my sidekick is really shitty but w.e.


Guy at the top is my guy Furcio. He looks like he's 12 years old but this bitch will bet on anything.

On the right is Manuel. He sucks at playing cards but he doesn't know it, and it would be unethical on my part to let him know.

Bottom guy is Alex. I got him hooked on Bodog. lol. Pretty good card player also.





No comments: