The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back to Grinding

Sunday's poker game that my guy Furcio and I hosted turned out to be really fun. We didn't expect many people to show but actually had a good turn out. First we played a $5 tournament with rebuys that I ended up bubbling and then we played .10c/.25c NL.

It was a really fun night just hanging with my friends playing poker while also watching game 2 of the Finals and betting on random shit during the game.

Anyway I'll probably be hosting another game in a couple of weeks since this one turned out to be pretty successful.

I'm also back to grinding online SnGs. I recently won a prop bet that I had about this dude failing a challenge that he could make $10,000 playing nothing but 25NL online. He finally gave up a couple of days ago after being up only about $3,000 or so. I'd laid 5/2 to two guys from FCP that he wouldn't be able to do it so I collected a sweet $80 and hope to build the online roll from there.

I'm going to be playing mostly $5.50 and $6.60 shorthanded Sit and Go's since I've had a lot of success with those in the past. I played a few of them today with somewhat moderate success. I won the first one I played in and then got coolerd in the second one where I made 3 jacks on the river but some guy made a flush. So I ended up busting in 4th in that one.

The third one I played in I managed to place 2nd. I was destined to place 6th in that one though, if it weren't for a sick call that I made early on.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6778109301: $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go
Seat 1: SkittleHead (1,380)
Seat 2: mjbroncos (1,260)
Seat 3: hiddenvariable (1,930)
Seat 4: CroOkeDLiNk (1,730)
Seat 5: pepper79 (1,170)
Seat 6: LINCKO (1,530)
CroOkeDLiNk posts the small blind of 20
pepper79 posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CroOkeDLiNk [Qd Qc]
LINCKO raises to 80
SkittleHead folds
mjbroncos calls 80
hiddenvariable folds
CroOkeDLiNk raises to 280
pepper79 calls 240
LINCKO folds
mjbroncos calls 200
*** FLOP *** [8s Ac 2h]
CroOkeDLiNk has 15 seconds left to act
CroOkeDLiNk bets 160
pepper79 calls 160
mjbroncos folds
*** TURN *** [8s Ac 2h] [8h]
CroOkeDLiNk checks
pepper79 checks
*** RIVER *** [8s Ac 2h 8h] [9s]
CroOkeDLiNk has 15 seconds left to act
CroOkeDLiNk bets 40
pepper79 raises to 730, and is all in
CroOkeDLiNk has 15 seconds left to act
CroOkeDLiNk has requested TIME
CroOkeDLiNk calls 690
*** SHOW DOWN ***
pepper79 shows [4d 5s] a pair of Eights
CroOkeDLiNk shows [Qd Qc] two pair, Queens and Eights
CroOkeDLiNk wins the pot (2,700) with two pair, Queens and Eights
pepper79 stands up

So when I made it 280 to go, I was just praying for no Ace to hit the flop. But sure enough one hit. I still led out for 160 and got insta-called. At that point I was ready to fold to a bet on the turn, but it went check check. River was a blank.

Okay, so what could my opponent have here? At first I really thought he had the Ace. If I check the river he moves in with the Ace. But if he had an Ace would he really check the turn? I didn't think so. He might check the turn with an 8 there but it's unlikely he had an 8. So I bet out 40 on the river which is essentially a check and he instantly shoves.

I go into the tank a bit and convince myself he's got air and make the call. Somehow my Queens are good and my opponent goes on to berate my bad play on the observer chat, lol.

Anyway, I played a couple more SnGs that I couldn't get anything going in and 2 $10 HU matches which I ended up splitting.

Total net profit for the day was around $9.

I'll be grinding online most of the day tomorrow as well hoping for some good results.

No comments: