The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dear Bodog

Had a rough start with some early soccer picks, going 1-2 in the afternoon, and then threw some money on the Suns before I left for work. When I got to work I was trying to log onto Bodog to see if maybe I'd place a bet on the Heat as well, but the site was down. It really wasn't a big deal because I felt a little shaky on playing the Heat tonight anyway, but I sent Bodog an email just for the hell of it:


Dear Bodog,

I was wondering if there is a place on your site where I can find out the schedule for these "Regularly Scheduled Maintenance And/Or Software Updates."

As far as I'm concerned, I, as a Bodog costumer was not informed of such event occurring today. I must say I'm disappointed with Bodog's failure to notify its costumers when the website will be going down, especially when it will be done for such an extended period of time (almost two hours and counting.)

I am also left to wonder why you would choose such an inconvenient time to do so, since I am guessing a majority of your clients are U.S. players, taking down the site during the evening hours seems to make no sense what so ever.

I missed out on a few games I planned to wager on, which I will only perceive as lost equity if my projected picks end up winning. Again, all because of not being notified the site would be going down. A simple Email would have sufficed.

Please reply to my concerns. Thank you

Victor Ortiz

lol like I said, I was not being serious at all, as they probably couldn't care less what a $5 bettor thought. But I did receive a quick response:

Dear Mr. Ortiz,

We understand your frustrations with regards to the site issues we experienced earlier today. There was a brief outage with our Network, causing many players to have difficulties in placing their wagers online, which also resulted in our maximum call volume to be exceeded. The situation has been since rectified and you should be able to access the website now; you may have to open a new browser window. If you continue to have any issues please contact our Customer Service department via phone.

We can assure you that we will be funneling all our resources to making sure that such an incident does not occur again. It is in our best interest to make sure we can take all players wagers, and if we are unable to do so, this equates to lost revenue for players and us as a company.

We will be working as hard as we can over the next few weeks to make sure your experience at Bodog is an enjoyable one. We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Costumer Service.

Yea yea, notice they did not address the issue of not notifying the players that the site was experiencing technical issues which is what originally pissed me off slightly. But the funny thing is, they actually ended up saving me money, because the Heat ended up losing.

Anyway these were my day's plays. Another Even Steven Day:


Zurich v. Hamburg Under (2.5)

Rosenborg v. Fiorentina Over (2.5)

Bolton (Pick)

Suns -7.5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played in another Pot Limit Omaha Tourney today from a stake, with another early finish. A couple of hands before my eventual finish I managed to flop 2 pair but a player in early position moved all in for a lot of chips and then an immediate call by a 2nd player prompted me to think for a bit and eventually fold, thinking one of them had to have a set for sure. Nope, they had shit, and I ended up folding the best hand. It really hurt cause that pot would have brought me up to almost 5k.


So a couple of hands later I find myself down to about 800 in chips with 150/300 blinds. Gets folded around to me in the small blind and I get Ah Js 2d 5h. Not the greatest looking hand and I thought about folding for a bit, but it was too expensive to forfeit me blind, given my stack so I called and BB checked. Flop comes something 2x 3x Jx and with only 500 behind me, it was an automatic push on my part. BB calls me with a pair of Jacks so I was ahead momentarily, but he caught up with a 10 on the river, and I was out. Ouch.

I was also planning to play a couple of 4.40s but the SnGs have been down all day on Stars and they won't be running until tomorrow morning.


1 comment:

vtn said...

what the hell?! i swear man i was stuck in traffic this morning and i was thinking of an entry for paper chaser and the title was dear bodog! the next line was your worst nightmare is back.