The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

1-1-1

Hadn't made a blog in a while, basically because I hadn't been up to anything. I hadn't had any sports betting action since the Super Bowl and I hadn't played much poker either. I did manage to go a bit deep in a $5.50 Omaha Multi Table yesterday on a stake from an FCPer but I busted out in like 30th out of 200 or so when my opponent outdrew my top two pair on the river to make a straight.


I wanted to bet on the Santos v. Chivas game tonight but Bodog was still insisting on declining my Credit Card deposits so I had to call them up again. I was just going to say screw them, and open up an account on BetUs.com but the lines for the game were much jucier on Bodog. So they finally accepted my deposit and I placed three bets:

Santos (Pick)

Santos was down 2-0 for most of the game until they finally woke up in the last 15 minutes of the game to tie it up 2-2. Then with 5 minutes to go Chivas scores the go ahead goal and that was that.

Santos v. Chivas Over (2.5)

This was the most confident of my picks and I was gonna bet it HUGE but decided to play it conservative at the last minute, which I obviously regret.

NBA Teaser
-Suns v. Warriors Over (238)
-Jazz -2.5

I barely squeezed out a push on this one. I lucked out when Monta Ellis, normally a 77% FT shooter, missed a free throw with 2 seconds left in the game, which gave me the push instead of the loss.

So I ended up going 1-1-1 on the night, breaking completely even, which kind of sucks but whatever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to see the movie Untraceable this morning which actually turned out to be pretty decent, although a bit predictable. But Diane Lane was looking very M.I.L.F. like, so that was a plus.

Something happened at Borders today that cracked me up for some reason. So I go inside and grab a magazine and then sit down in one of the couches, next to this old black dude. I could have sat one seat away from him, but the sun would have been in my eyes, so that's why I decided to sit right next to him instead. Besides, the couches there are huge, so it's not like I was all up in his face.

Anyway, I sit down next to him and the following conversation ensues:

Old Man: Should I move?

Me: No, that's ok.

Old Man: Huh?

Me: You don't have to move, I'm fine.

Old Man: Well, I'm not.

Me: Uh...ok, so move.

Old Man: Ok.

So he gets up and moves one seat over. Then 15 seconds later some guy takes the seat in between us and the old guy immediately gets up and walks away, cursing under his breath. I don't know why I found this so funny, lol. I guess old dude likes his personal space.

No comments: