The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Here we go again.

Well, I realize I haven't updated in a while, I hadn't really played poker online since the last time I posted about drying out my Full Tilt Poker account. Since then I've reloaded three times for 50 bucks each time. Right now the account stands at 30 dollars. I haven't been doing great. I've played mostly .05/.10 NL and 6 handed SnG. Here's a couple of recent hands (I tried using some converting thing, but I couldn't get it to work, so whatever)

Full Tilt Poker Game #3099892449: Table Hause (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:41:58 ET - 2007/07/30
Seat 1: WallyRambo ($23.45)
Seat 2: HateOnMe ($10)
Seat 3: jimmyBJ ($14.90)
Seat 4: ChpLdr8 ($10.05)
Seat 5: CroOkeDLiNk ($10.90)
Seat 6: AeJay ($9.90)
AeJay posts the small blind of $0.05
WallyRambo posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CroOkeDLiNk [T♠ 7♣]
jimmyBJ folds
ChpLdr8 folds
CroOkeDLiNk calls $0.10
WallyRambo: nh
AeJay calls $0.05
WallyRambo checks
*** FLOP *** [T 5 Q♣]
CroOkeDLiNk: thx
AeJay bets $0.30
WallyRambo calls $0.30
CroOkeDLiNk calls $0.30
*** TURN *** [T 5 Q♣] [T]
AeJay has 15 seconds left to act
AeJay bets $0.85
WallyRambo folds
CroOkeDLiNk calls $0.85
*** RIVER *** [T 5Q♣ T] [7]
AeJay has 15 seconds left to act
AeJay bets $1.95
CroOkeDLiNk raises to $5
AeJay has 15 seconds left to act
AeJay has requested TIME
AeJay calls $3.05
*** SHOW DOWN ***
CroOkeDLiNk shows [T♠ 7♣] a full house, Tens full of Sevens
AeJay mucks
CroOkeDLiNk wins the pot ($11.90) with a full house, Tens full of Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $12.90 | Rake $1
Board: [Td 5d Qc Th 7h]
Seat 1: WallyRambo (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 2: HateOnMe is sitting out
Seat 3: jimmyBJ didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: ChpLdr8 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: CroOkeDLiNk (button) showed [Ts 7c] and won ($11.90) with a full house, Tens full of Sevens
Seat 6: AeJay (small blind) mucked [Jd Qs] - two pair, Queens and Tens

lol, just posting this one because its one the few times 7-10 has worked for me. I can't resist playing it knowing its Negreanu's favorite hand.

This other hand happened earlier today in a 6 handed SnG. I began playing real tight and it wasn't until 2 players were eliminated that i began to play a little more, and by the time it was 3 players left, i was chip leader. Then this happens...

Full Tilt Poker Game #3327946995: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (25449881), Table 1 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:44:17 ET - 2007/08/22
Seat 1: RogerThatOne (2,420)
Seat 2: SorryPirluit (2,975)
Seat 3: CroOkeDLiNk (3,605)
SorryPirluit posts the small blind of 30
CroOkeDLiNk posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to CroOkeDLiNk [J♦ 7♠]
RogerThatOne calls 60
SorryPirluit has 15 seconds left to act
SorryPirluit is sitting out
SorryPirluit has timed out
SorryPirluit folds
CroOkeDLiNk checks
*** FLOP *** [8♠ T 9]
CroOkeDLiNk has 15 seconds left to act
CroOkeDLiNk checks
SorryPirluit has returned
RogerThatOne bets 150
CroOkeDLiNk has 15 seconds left to act
CroOkeDLiNk raises to 500
RogerThatOne calls 350
*** TURN *** [8♠ T 9] [6♦]
CroOkeDLiNk checks
RogerThatOne has 15 seconds left to act
RogerThatOne bets 1,150
CroOkeDLiNk has 15 seconds left to act
CroOkeDLiNk raises to 3,045, and is all in
RogerThatOne calls 710, and is all in
CroOkeDLiNk shows [J 7]
RogerThatOne shows [Q♥ J♥]
Uncalled bet of 1,185 returned to CroOkeDLiNk
*** RIVER *** [8♠ T 96♦] [6♥]
CroOkeDLiNk shows a straight, Jack high
RogerThatOne shows a straight, Queen high
RogerThatOne wins the pot (4,870) with a straight, Queen high
The blinds are now 40/80
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,870 | Rake 0
Board: [8s Ts 9s 6d 6h]
Seat 1: RogerThatOne (button) showed [Qd Jh] and won (4,870) with a straight, Queen high
Seat 2: SorryPirluit (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: CroOkeDLiNk (big blind) showed [Jd 7s] and lost with a straight, Jack high

So I flop the straight and try to slow play it. When he bets at me, i figure he's got a flush draw, but so am I, so I'm not going to make it cheap for him to see the turn so I re raise and he smooth calls. Turn isn't a spade so I'm thinking he missed the flush, and I honestly never put him on QJ. So i figure he is bluffing and i push. Well, he flips QJ obv., and the river bricks so i also miss my flush. That brought me back down to shortstack and i still had a few chips to work with but I couldn't climb back up and ended in 3rd, bubbling. Oh well, tough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides poker, this past week, I opened up an account on Bodog to do some sports betting. I won 10 dollars on the Pachuca v Atlas game, and then I gave them back in the America v Pumas. I also just barely missed a nice payout on a 3 game parlay laying down 5 dollars and in position to win 37 if I hit on all three of the matches. Santos rolled over Veracruz and Necaxa barely beat Puebla, but Chivas couldn't comeback from an early 0-1 deficit so there went my big payout. I did hit a two game baseball parlay on Sunday but it wasn't for much. Then today Cubs and Brewers won, and if the Yankees had won i would have gotten a nice 13/1 payout but Yankees got killed 18-9. Some guy on the Angels had 10 RBI! That's insane. I might pick some games a little later tonight for another parlay for tomorrows games. I also have a lock on a Sunday soccer match from la Liga. Barca v Racing, so thats easy money, I hope anyway.

Well, I'm out. I will Honestly try to update more often, no joke. I'm going to go play some Limit Hold Em' on FTP for a while. Adios..

No comments: