The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Thursday, August 30, 2007

School, Poker, and Fifa...

So the plans I had on the last post for Tuesday were a wash. I didn't get back home from orientation til' around 1 pm. Orientation was ok. As expected, my schedule is extremely light. This is what it looks like as of now:

Spanish 3-Should be a breeze, since I'm fluent in Spanish, and I've got Villodas as a teacher, and she loves me.

Weight Training- I don't know how intense this is going to get but, it should be ok.

Lifetime Activities-Kick ass class, nothing but playing stuff like softball and soccer.

Advanced Band- If Lil doesn't get all Nazi on us about learning the piano, I'll be ok.

Aquatic and Marine Life-I heard my teacher Arnam is pretty easy, so if I stay focused I should be ok.

World Literature- Don't know who my teacher is yet, but I'm kinda looking forward to this class.

Computer Software Application- Seems like a blow off class as well.

So, this is my schedule to begin school, but I've still got to make up two half credits for Trig and Bio. If they don't let me make them up at my school, which will be extremely gay, I'll probably have to go to evening school or Saturday school. I don't know yet. I'm trying to set up an appointment with my counselor to see what my options are. I really don't want to have to go to evening school, not only because it might get in the way of poker, but in the way of my job as well. So we'll see what happens.

Anyway, after I got home from orientation I just wanted to sleep! I was soo tired because I'd pulled an all nighter. But instead, my girl called me up, and we went to the beach and then out to eat. lol by the end of the day, after getting home around 10ish, I was super extremely tired because I'd been awake for 30 plus hours. So I just crashed til like noon.

Today (well I guess I mean yesterday, because it's past midnight) I woke up around 12 and met up with my girl again. She wanted to go to a museum to see some exhibit so that took up most of my day. I got home around 8 pm and I watched the ending of the Cubs Brewers game. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Zambrano this month man, but he's been horrible. People kept talking about him being more relaxed after he signed his gazillion dollar contract extension, but that hasn't been the case. Hopefully he picks it up in September because the Cubs are definitely going to need him for the home stretch.

So after watching the cubs be sucky, I finally played some poker. I started with an 18 man SnG. I was card dead til' the final table where on the first hand, I was in late position and there were like 5 or 6 limpers and I got dealt JJ. The blinds where big enough where simply collecting the blinds was going to help my stack so I pushed half hoping everyone would fold, but with an ok hand in case I got a caller. I felt like gambling I guess. Anyway, everyone did end up folding. Then the very next hand I get AA. Guy raises for half his stack so I push and we get a third caller. One had QQ and the other one KJ. So my Aces held up. and i tripled up just like that. lol. Two hands into the FT and I was CL. I ended up finishing in 3rd though. But I'll take it. Then a couple more SnGs where I didn't cash, until this last one I which was a heads up 5 dollar one. I took it down in less than 10 hands. That's going to be all for poker tonight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been playing a ton of Fifa 07 on the PS2. I used to play alot of it online, but my internet connection kept signing me off for no reason, which got extremely annoying so I stopped online play. I started a new season with a kickass team I created. It's filled with a bunch of Mexican players, and I lowered their ages to like 19 and 20, so I'd be able to have them for a while. lol I created this player named Negreanu for my team, he's like 18 and he's already got an overall of like 93/100 so he's definitely gonna be the one carrying the team. I started the season in the Spanish Second Division, but I should make it to first division by the end of the season. It might take a while though, because I rarely simulate a game, and theres over 40 games in a season including other tourneys besides the domestic league, so yea, might take a couple of weeks to fininish up this first season, but it should be fun. I'm going to go play right now actually. Later!

No comments: