The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Laptop

Haven't blogged in a while.

Between work, shopping for a new laptop and mourning the Cubs' playoffs choke-aments, I haven't had much time.

I finally went to pick up my laptop at Best Buy yesterday. Not the one I linked in my last post though.

That one has apparently been discontinued and I would have to order it online which I didn't want to do. So I went with my second choice, which was a lot more expensive but a better laptop overall.

4GB of memory, 250GB HDD, and an Intel Duo Core processor. Integrated Webcam and what more do I need?

Grand total?

$1,099.99.

Ouch!

Completely worth it though. This thing is blazing fast. I'll probably be blogging more now and with the integrated Webcam, I might even do a video blog here and there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to Poker. I've been putting in a lot of time on the $5.50 HU SnGs on Stars and Full Tilt and been running extremely well. I know part of it has been luck and avoiding many coolers, but I've also been playing extremely well and capable of laying down big hands to stay alive.

So I'll continue to grind those out along with a $6.60 6 Max here and there.

I haven't played live since last Wednesday. I ended up down $25 in that session after like 5 hours. Never really had anything going and spent most of the session with a stack of around $100-$130, grinding back to $200 and then going back down.

There was an interesting hand that came up, but I'll save that for one of my video blogs if I ever get around to doing one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sports betting has been pretty minimal the last few weeks. I've made a few plays that I haven't posted with the biggest one being taking the Rays against the White Sox in the ALDS for my whole roll which was around $80. I profited like $26 from that and so the updated record looks something like this:

Total Record: 123-136-7

Bankroll: $106.67

Total Profit: -$93.33

I've got one play tonight on Salt Lake City -0.5 v. NY Redbulls.

I was going to throw some money on the Dodgers also but I think I'll hold off on that.

No comments: