The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Monday, September 22, 2008

Hookah

A couple of days ago my friend Jay told me about an underground poker game the owner of a Hookah Lounge runs on Sunday nights. Jay's not much of a card player but he knows that I am so he told me I should check it out.

I got to the Lounge last night around 7PM and asked the bouncer if he knew about the game. He said he didn't know anything about it. I was wondering whether maybe he did, but it wasn't the kind of game anyone could just walk into. So I went inside and decided to chill there for a while. I was about to leave but I figured, what the hell, I'm already here, so I decided to split a Hookah with this other dude who was there.

We ordered some weird berry mist flavor that was hitting the spot. The place was completely dead so the bouncer came in and smoked with us along with this other chick who may or may not have been working there. She's the one that prepared the Hookah for us but I think she was just there to see the bouncer. Anyway a few minutes later the owner of the place came in and I found out there really was no poker game that night. So I puffed for a while longer and then headed home, not before having a delicious meal at White Castle.


I'll probably be back next Sunday, even if there is no poker game.

No comments: