The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Monday, March 3, 2008

Who's Pulaski?

I don't know, but thanks to him there's no school today. I think Illinois is the only state to observe Pulaski Day. According to Wikipedia he was some Polish Soldier, and that's all I need to know.

Anyway, weekend was alright. Friday I had work and after being down for most of the night in blackjack and prop bets, I made a crazy comeback in the last hour or so to net a $28 dollar profit for the night. Saturday night I went out to see a comedy show with a friend that turned out to be really fun. They had a decent lineup of local talent, including this one dude named Junior that just creeped the hell out of everyone, including myself. 80% of his jokes had to do with raping people, lol. My favorite though, was this dude named Rob (actually that wasn't his name. But he looked like a Rob.) He had some funny material, along with some other dude who made some joke about latinos and then asked me and my friend if he made us uncomfortable, because her and I were the only hispanics in there, lol!

Sunday was a total veggin out day. I was literally in my room the whole day, mainly because my mom had some party thing going downstairs that I didn't feel like being a part of. So I spent the day watching TV and surfing online. I watched Barbershop 1 and 2. I'd never seen the second one, and I wish I hadn't. It's pretty horrible. And I also started re-watching Season 1 of Everwood on DVD. What a great show that was? I wasn't into it much when it was still running on TV, but I decided to but the first season on DVD a while ago and I was completely hooked. It's really shitty that they only released the first season though and they don't plan on releasing the rest. I guess I'm going to buy some of the bootleg versions on Ebay.

So yea, that was the weekend. And today, I woke up around 1pm, browsed the forums, showered and came to work. Not much going on this week, except school. At least it's a short week. I was also thinking about playing the Rockford Charitable Deep Stack tourney this Sunday but I haven't made up my mind yet. It's a $300 Buy In, with a $75 bounty on everyone's head. Even though it's a deep stack tourney with 12,000 in starting chips, the structure still isn't that great with only 20 minute levels. I imagine it'll play like an online turbo and will just become a shove fest towards the later part of the tourney.

But like I said, I'm still undecided on whether I'll play or not, because $300 isn't exactly in my BR range, so we'll see.

1 comment:

vtn said...

nice. holler to pulaski.

fav's are pretty good picks, i just gotta find the right ones. gl in that tourney if you do play in it.