The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Monday, March 24, 2008

Sleepless in Chicago




Fuck!

Why do I keep doing this to myself?

I'm on yet another all nighter at school right now, and it really sucks. I woke up at 3 P.M. yesterday afternoon and figured I'd go to sleep around 1 A.M. at the latest. Nope! I tried to fall asleep around 2, but wasn't tired, so I read for a while, watched some TV, cleaned my room and was still not the least bit tired. Next thing I knew it was 4 A.M. and falling asleep then would have just been pointless. I think I read somewhere that unless you can get in at least a solid 3 hours of sleep, it's more beneficial to just stay awake until you can get a good power sleep in. I don't know, I may have just pulled that out of my ass, but I guess it sounds reasonable. Maybe not, I don't know, I'm kinda delirious right now.

The good thing is I managed to get my guy Furcio to cover for me at work today cause I would have literally fallen asleepon the job, especially since it's Monday aka the slowest day of the week. So I plan on crashing as soon as I get home from school. The problem is I'll just be repeating this cycle all over again as I'll probably wake up around midnight and not be able to fall back asleep. Plan B would be to try and stay up til' around 10 or so, that way I'll be dead til' morning and hopefully regain a normal schedule.

Anyway, I just got out of Spanish class a few minutes ago. Man, sometimes you think you've got it rough, but check out what's been happening to my Spanish teacher. First, her mom passed away last summer, then her grandma passed away around Christmas time, then she found out she's losing her job and this'll be the last year she's at our school because the administration thinks she's to easy of a teacher so they're letting her go and to top it all of, her 12 year old son just got diagnosed with some disease that could make him permanently blind within a couple of years. Oh yea, she too is blind from her right eye.

Dude, talk about having a shitty past few months. And what sucks is that she's about the nicest fuckin' person you could ever meet. She's one of those teachers that actually cares beyond the classroom. She's always trying to track me down when I miss class to make up the work so I don't fall behind. And a while back when I stopped going to her class for almost a month, she allowed me to make up all the work I'd missed, cause she knew I needed the class to graduate. So it sucks to see the rough times she's going trough right now. But she still has a smile on her face every class and actually tries to make fun out of her situation, saying shit like "Ok guys, we're just going to watch a movie today, because I feel like it, and I don't really care what the administration says. What are they going to do, fire me?"

I've got about 20 minutes to kill before my next class, so I think I'm going to go clean out my locker cause it's starting to smell funky in there. Might be the half eaten orange chicken I stuffed in there back in November.

I'm out, Peace!

No comments: