The Crooked Link

Life of a Low Stakes Gambler...

Monday, May 14, 2007

It's been a while...

Well, i realize it's been a while since I've updated. Two weeks to be precise. And im happy to say alot of poker playing has been happening since last time i checked in. The day of my last entry i'd been playing online at work for .05/.10 NL cash games and i was doing ok until i guess i caught a bad run of cards. That sent me on full tilt, and for some crazy reason, I reasoned that i could chase my losses at a higher stakes table so i sat down at a $1/$2 table and its the worst mistake i could have made. First of all, the NL low stakes games i'd been playing before had a $3.00 CAP so i couldnt lose more than three dollars on any given hand but here was no CAP on this game so that'd what killed me. To make a long story short i lost about 20 dollars in about 3 minutes. No Joke. After that i was devastated and felt sick to my stomach. I think after that i tried to regain my money on some 2 dollar Sit n Go's or something but i eventually ended up losing my initial 50 dollar deposit. I was feeling like crap because i could only play with play money until my next deposit. The following Sunday i decided to sign up for a free roll that began around 8 at night. Didn't give it much thought, there were around 400 or so entrants and prized pool paid through like 70th place or sumthing. Anyway i began playing pretty tight think, and was able to build a decent chip stack to where i didnt have to risk to much. As the blinds kept going up though i had to play more cards and there were a couple of times where i went all in and got lucky on the river. Anyway i stayed around average until around the time 50 or 60 places remained and then i began winning pots again. And when finally it was down to 10 players, we were waiting for the last payer to be eliminated so the final table would be set. I ended up taking out this guy who i'd been real chatty with through most of the final stages before the Final Table. He went all in, and i cant remember what the hand was, but i ended up taking all his chips, which mind you, was a very significant amount. So significant in fact, that it gave me the chip lead heading to the Final Table. The final table was a breeze as i had to do minimal work because of my chip position. It wasn't until it got to heads up that things got interesting. I had about a 2 to 1 chip lead over my opponent and we actually flip floped chip positions a couple of times until i was finally able to eliminate him. That's right, first place buddy! I was so syked i i couldnt beleive it. The grand price? 200 dollars. lol not bad at all considering i didnt have to buy in for anything. The tourney ended around 4 in the morning, and it was a sunday night so i had school the next day, but i didnt care how tired i was at school the next day. I cared about my 200 dollars.

No comments: